- Visit the island of Thassos for peaceful or intense holidays surrounded by abundant vegetation and clear sandy beaches.
- Visit the ancient city – market and the archaeological museum in the capital of Thassos,Limenas.
- One of the older villages in Thassos is the Theologos with traditional mansions houses. Visit the church of Agia Paraskevi to admire the icon of Virgin Mary made of wax and mastic (presumed to be the work of Evangelist Luke).
- Limenaria is a coastal village with attractions such as the ruins of the Venetian Castle, the old mines and little palace will impress you.
- Explore the village of Panagia with its beauties, the Cave of Drakotrypa with the stalactite – dragon and the ancient quarries. Golden Sand Beach with its crystal clear waters and the beaches of Astris and Aliki ideal occasion for swimming . Meet the archaeological site of the area with the ancient marble quarries and the sanctuary of the Dioscuri.
- In the village of Potamia there is a museum with art masterpieces by the famous sculptor Polygnottos Vagis, while the mountain Ypsario with its height of 1,204 meter as the largest of the island is nearby. In this route, two beaches, Pefkari andSand Fine is an ideal chance to relax and enjoy swimming.
- On the way to Potos village, enjoy Paradise Beach and the Gramvousa Island, while various local boats often organize excursions to beaches all over the island.Visit the monastery of Archangel Michael (11th or 13th century) located on the craggy side of the mountain. At Giola beach (the Tear of Aphrodite) a spectacle of unique beauty, in the most seaside “natural lake”.
- Villages such as Prinos, Sotiras,Rachoni and Maries developed in highly tourist standards, suitable for summer hikes.
- At the annual summer festival Kavala – Thassos, in Philippous, there are plenty
cultural events and revival of cultural activities.
- Enjoy local traditional dishes such as: octopus ballis /kontosouvli – kokoretsi in the villages Panagia and Potamia / small goat-lamb in the village of Theologos / famous black wine and tsipouro – ouzo(traditional Greek drink).
- On your departure, purchase local extra virgin olive oil / black olives (local small olives) / thyme and pine honey / spoon sweet walnut(alternatively fig or pumpkin).
PORT LIMENAS :25930. 22106
PORT GUARD ROOM LIMENAS: 25930. 22355
CENTRAL BUS STATION: 25930. 22162
POLICE DEPARTMENT: 25930. 22500
FIRE DEPARTMENT : 25930. 23199
AGRICULTURAL MEDICAL CENTER LIMENAS : 25930. 22222
KAVALA AIRPORT :25910. 53400
PORT KERAMOTIS : 25910. 51204
HEALTH CENTER PRINOS : 25930. 71100, 71101
AGRICULTURAL MEDICAL CENTER PANAGIA : 25930. 61203
AGRICULTURAL MEDICAL CENTER THEOLOGOS : 25930. 31211
AGRICULTURAL MEDICAL CENTER LIMENARIA :25930. 51235